|Combination hideout, getaway and ultimate lockpick. I'd use it for ill.|
|At least they didn't kidnap any fat or especially ugly people...|
|Oh, yeah. Can't leave the creepy-ass town. Hope you like chinese...|
- Janet (Daisy Betts), a single mom who wants nothing more than to get back to her daughter.
- Joe (Jason Wiles), a man with a mysterious past who is driven to get out and immediately takes charge.
- Moira (Tina Holmes), a woman with medical knowledge and a background in counselling.
- Graham (Chadwick Boseman), a US Marine Sergeant fresh from Iraq.
- Charlie (Alan Ruck), a wealthy businessman with a wife suffering from cancer.
- Tori (Kate Lang Johnson), a party girl and Ambassador's daughter who inists her father put her there.
- Bill (Sean O'Brien), a selfish and opportunistic used car salesman.
As the season progresses, we learn that most of the characters are not what or who they claim to be or initially seem to be, and eventually one of the hotel's guests “checks out” and is replaced by a new 7th person. The last arrival is Erika, a female death row inmate played by Kandyse McClure (best known as Dualla on Battlestar Galactica) whose natural hard edges create additional tension in the town. We also follow a subplot with a journalist from San Francisco, where Janet was taken, investigating her kidnapping. We learn more and more about what is really going on and the group's attempts to escape and we get a little bit of closure on some of the series' questions, and then we get an open-ended final moment that some might call a cliffhanger.